Monday, August 31, 2009

Rio Tinto Monster Trucks

Two weekends ago... I'm starting to fall behind again - anyway, we took the kids to the Monster Trucks. Tommy loves them and here's his favorite: Gravedigger.




Blue Thunder




My husband :) and our daughter:



My little man with his hearing protection - when we first got him these, he wanted to wear them all the time. In fact, all through school he's a had a pair at school, we're trying out this year without them. He's only been in school for a week, but so far so good.




ATVs








I liked Rio Tinto a lot, there was a lot of space for them to really race and do tricks - although the Rocky Mountain Raceway is still better, but then again, Rio Tinto is much more conveniently located.








During the event, Tommy suddenly started screaming at me "It bit me!!" and freaking out, apparently he felt something land on his head so he smacked it thinking it was a fly or mosquito and it was a stinging insect of some kind- I didn't see it, so I don't know if it was a bee, wasp or hornet. Poor little guy, his first sting. It wasn't too bad, I took him down and although it was really hard to track down some ice cubes, we finally did. It didn't swell much, in fact, with my crappy camera, you can barely even see it:




On Wednesday night, I had dinner with my good friend Ashlee B. I just realized I never wrote about the horror. A few weeks ago ITS had to do layoffs again and all my girls got cut :( It was a day of infamy for sure, I was heartbroken. All my lunch/break buddies are gone in one foul swoop. Now we have to work hard to not lose touch! So Ashlee and I went to dinner and then to my place to make some catnip brownies. We have a ton of catnip growing in our backyard, so we thought we'd try it out. It tastes really awful, that's about all I can say.


Here's her little Molly playing with Peanut.


Gee, and it looks so yummy....





No comments:

Post a Comment