Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day in Yuba!

For Labor Day we went camping with my Ashlies at Yuba Reservoir. We took our RV and I was expecting so much trouble from it -lots of overheating- but it never did. It was such a champ! On Saturday we headed out on Jake's boat and Ashlee treated us to a feat of bravery! Here she is wake boarding:
Here I am about to go tubing!!!

Round 1, me vs. Eric












Well, I fell off... sorry that picture is missing. Here is round 2, me vs. Eric again:




And... yeah....


Here is round 3, Chris vs. Eric:











Hmmm...I see a pattern emerging.


Round 4, Chris vs. Eric:



Well, Eric was the reingning champ!



On our way down to the beach to take the doggies for a swim, Ashley discovered this lovely item right next to her hand on the chair:




I so wish Tommy would have been there, he would have been ecstatic.



It wasn't aggressive at all and after some curiosity poking, we sent it on its way. Then Nanuk came over to see what all the fuss was about and stepped on it. It was promptly sent to scorpion heaven.

Here's me and the girls down at the beach:


Here's Peanut swimming after the ball:


She really was that far out there, it's not just my crappy camera.



I didn't get any pictures of Nanuk in the water, which is a bummer because it could have possibly been the last time he gets to swim.

Chris brought a sweet kite along that we all got to take turns flying:

Here's my little snuggle having his turn:



With Jake giving some advice:



The sunset we were treated to:
And then, just before we all left, Ashley found this much more harmless creature under their tent:

1 comment:

  1. this was so much fun!!! i have a computer again, yay! i feel connected to the world again. we need to get together soon! i miss your face!!

    ReplyDelete