Monday, October 20, 2008

Been awhile...

I haven't blogged for a little while, up until this last weekend things were mellow and I didn't have much going on.... it was nice but also a bit boring. I stayed home with the kids on Friday, Tommy had been sick -throwing up and running a fever on Thursday night, but he was well enough on Friday afternoon to give his costume a try....
They insisted we do the pictures outside where the tombstones were....


We took the doggies and childrens to Wheeler Farm, it was cute. Just to give some perspective on Nanuk's bigness, here he is next to a donkey.
I just thought this looked like a cute picture of Eric and the kids going down the path.

This was the only animal there that could give our "big" a run for his money, a massive draft horse.
Then we were off the Gardner Village. Eric thought it would be fun 'cause they always deck it out in Halloween decor and since the kids are way into Halloween..... Well it was packed! We could scarcely take more than 2 steps before we were stopped with a million questions about Nanuk and people were wanting to pose with him for photos. We should start charging for those!
That night we were going to take Tommy to a haunted house. He has been begging me to take him to one since last Halloween. I wanted to do it, but was unsure of which one to go to that wouldn't be too scary but also not too lame. I was undecided until I heard on the X96 morning show that they had "chainsaw guys" on the show that you could call and ask questions. So I called and they put me on and I explained the situation and asked their opinion. They suggested we go to Carnival of Fear because they offer glowsticks for special situations like mine that signal to the actors to take it easy on the bearer. I thought this would be perfect, so off we set. The SECOND we stepped in the doorway, he just lost it. Completely freaked out.... so we left, went to FYE while I tried to talk him into it. We came back for another try and though he was nervous, he was willing to give it a shot.... until we walked past the end of the line and a car horn honked suddenly (part of the haunted house). Again he melted down... just a total sensory overload. We tried, with the help of the owner, to talk him into giving it a try, but there was just no way. They had a special area for him to play video games that he was happy with, so we let him play while we took Syrena through. She did awesome! Wasn't the least bit scared, so next year we'll try Nightmare on 13th..... I felt so sad for Tommy, I hope he gets over this and tries one next year, he loves Halloween and spooky things so much, but the anticipation was too much for him.


On Saturday we went to the U of U game... they spanked Colorado State so it was a nice safe game, I love those. On Sunday we watched some football, cleaned and mostly relaxed. Before we took the kids back to Ben's house we took them to feed the ducks and they loved that. My Broncos play tonight so I'm headed over to my Dad's to watch the game.... GO BRONCOS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment