Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Wedding, wedding, wedding

It seems all my days are filled with wedding plans anymore, which is nice.... It seems like it just sat there on my shoulder forever while I watched the date creep ever so closer and did nothing about it. This past weekend I got my hair done for the practice "do" for the wedding. I'm not super impressed. I like the back, but the front not so much. It didn't look like me and she really teased a lot of it and later on it made me look like I don't know how to brush my hair.


Afterwards, we went to Dancing Crane and got the shirt that Eric's going to wear for the ceremony. It's cream colored like my dress and made from a hemp-like material only lighter; it's kind of casual looking so I'm going to look kind of weird all mega dressed up and decked out next to him, but it's okay. He still needs to find his pants so we're on a quest for that right now. After that, we made a Syrena acquisition and then headed out to meet with Kim, our officially dubbed "cake lady." She had us look through pictures and we decided on our cake; 3 tiers (one on a stand with tree branch pillars), one chocolate, one strawberry and one vanilla; braided icing around the edges; and the bottom is surrounded in grape vine. I can't wait and this has been a problem for us for a long time, trying to get someone to commit to the cake so I am glad to have that monkey off my back. On Sunday Eric and I went up Big Cottonwood again and got our pictures done for the invitation. It was raining, but right when we were ready to pose the weather let up and it was barely sprinkling.


The water was running high! Higher than I've ever seen it, it had flooded out picnic spots and was raging! We were up there just last weekend and it was nothing compared to this.




I love my daddy!!



The girls had a great time playing around up there too.







We also got our car reserved for the honeymoon and I ordered the butterflies for the ceremony - much to my friend's dismay. Ashlee is not a big butterfly fan, but this is one of the few suggestions Eric's had for the wedding so it was really important to me to be sure and incorporate it. I think it will be really beautiful and give the kids something special to do, which was also important to Eric.
This weekend we are doing a "wedding task sign-up;" but Ashlee B. is working and Ashley Fife is in Vegas, so I think it will just be me, Missy, Sasha, Secelia and Eric's mom (Camille). Oh well, Ashlee said she'd still help, so I'll just let her know what still needs to be done and I'll randomly sign Fife up for something. You don't get to be a bridesmaid without helping a little :)
I am also getting my hair done (the real deal, cut and color with Katie) on Saturday and on Monday night I am going over to Missy's house so we can finish up the invitations. This is all starting to really happen!!!!
Real quick I also wanted to get some Tommyisms down. I love getting these in writing because even though I think I'll never forget them , I do.
#1.... He always wakes up happy, he's just a morning person. Of course, once in a while, he wakes up a bit grumpy. This was the case the other morning. How did I know he was grouchy you ask? Well as I was trying to coax him out of bed, he growled to me, "You can just use me for a shrunken head!"
#2....He told me how babies were made, if you're looking for G rated, I'm afraid there is genitalia involved. The man touches his penis, the woman touches her vagina and then the woman has the baby (which from an earlier Tommyism, is like pooping out a boulder).
#3....He was out in the yard on Monday playing, he came in and told that he came in -not because the neighbors were out (he doesn't like them, they play loud music and their kids have taunted him before)- but because a bug flew up and it startled his pelvis.

No comments:

Post a Comment