Friday, August 8, 2008

It's What Fun Is (Lagoon!)







We had such a fun time! We were among the first people let into the park and we dashed for Wicked (the start of it is pictured above, practically straight up and straight down). After a minimal wait, we went on and I must say it is my new favorite ride. Then we did the Spider and the Fly and then literally walked on to Colossus, I guess everyone was over at Wicked. We got on everything so quickly until about 12:30 and then there started being lines, still pretty small ones, but enough to send Tommy into hysterics that he didn't want to wait in a line. We also got a couple of the "Old West" style photographs done - and when I freakin' figure out how to post a picture on here, I'll totally put one on here because they turned out so cute. Tommy was so excited to hold a gun for the picture. (this is a picture I took of the picture, so it's blurry ... the real one is much better)

On a completely different note, Eric and I went to this sales presentation about vacations and such to get a free mini vacation. We should not ever be placed in situation where high pressure sales men are all over you to buy something because neither one of us possess the ability to say "no." I keep having alternate feelings of remorse and thinking it was a good idea. We bought into a program where you get "x" amount of credits (we picked 7,000) per year to take vacations. They have resorts all over the world and it tells you how many credits it would take to go there (like you can go to Fiji for 10,000). You can either pay cash for the remaining credits needed or you can save them up year to year..... It was a bit pricey, but after you pay it off (in 10 long years) you continually get those credits not only for the rest of your life, but just forever in general. You just keep handing it down to your descendants or whoever... So the world better not end anytime soon or this will all be in vain. I think that over the long run it will be good for us and it will enable us to go to exotic places we would otherwise not be able to make it to like Paris, Australia, Italy, etc. I guess I'll have to see what I'm thinking about this in 10 years...

1 comment:

  1. good choice (: we were going to do it, but we're going to wait until we are done with med school. so, we'll be there in a few years!

    ReplyDelete