Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lagoon Tomorrow!

I am so excited for tomorrow! I have taken the day off for Eric's company Lagoon day which means several things: 1st Free Food!!! They give us "dinner" which is just hamburger and hot dogs, sodas, a fruit and maybe some chips, but when you've got four people to feed, free is always nice. 2nd Super Cheap tickets; I personally feel that Lagoon is way over priced, costing nearly what Disney Land/California Adventure costs, we'll get tickets for the bounce back price of only $8 per person, making the day much more affordable. 3rd Middle Of The Week, Smaller Lines! Yeah! Last year we walked right on to several rides with no wait at all and even got on the infamous log ride in only 5 or 10 minutes and that typically has an hour long wait time. Looks like the weather may not be the best for going to Lagoona Beach, but I am not going to super upset if that is the case since I'm not a big fan of putting on a swimsuit for obvious reasons.

My little sweet Tommy has been going to his Autism Camp up at the National Ability Center and just loves it so far. Yesterday he did the rock climbing wall and today he is canoeing. He will be missing out on the water skiing tomorrow, but I think he'll be okay with the alternative. We are going to be camping out at the Lagoon campground, which is good because we haven't gone on a single camp trip this whole summer. Eric and I haven't even done a decent hike and the summer is nearly over! I can't believe how quickly it's gone... it seems like just a few weeks ago I was thinking, "Oh no big deal, we've got all summer to do that..." Hopefully the snow comes late this year so we can quickly pack some things in.

I was hoping to hike Timpanogas last weekend, but it just didn't pan out. We did do some fun things though - we went to "The Wall" (Pink Floyd) laser show at the planetarium (it was fun, but how do you improve on the movie? You just can't) on Friday. Saturday we layed around most of the day, took a nap after all that tiring laying down we did throughout the morning, then cleaned the house. My aunt Missy came over to take a look at the yard to see what she is up against... she has so sweetly volunteered to help me out in getting it ready for the reception next year. She has a very positive outlook on the whole thing and doesn't seem to think it'll be too hard to get it ready. We made plans to go with her and my Uncle Rick and the kids to the dino museum out at Thanksgiving point this coming Friday. Then we watched "Snatch." Interesting side note, we had to call the cops on the neighbors - we heard all this honking then a blood curdling scream that sounded like someone got murdered or something, or maybe just stole all their drugs.... When we went outside to check on things, we heard a little kid sobbing, "Mommy, mommy.." I have no idea what was going on, but it didn't sound good and just in case help was needed by someone who couldn't call for themselves for whatever reason, we called. Scary people.... Sunday we took the dogs for a little hike at Tanner Park then went golfing at Fore Lakes.

I also wanted to mention that Syrena did her Art Camp last week and loved it. She made a cat mask (surprise!) and a "sculpture" of a girl sitting down and painting a picture. I have no idea what the material was, but it was flexible. It was really cool looking though. She really is quite the artist and I hope she gets plenty of opportunities like this in the future to perfect those skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment