Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fun Fourth!

It's been a little while since I posted, but I don't think I have a whole lot of people reading this, so I'm not thinking it's not such a big deal. There has been a lot that's happened since my last blog.... ITS had to do a big company wide layoff since the market has crashed so hard and they laid off my Katie. All three of us back here cried and cried when we found out and it truly hasn't been the same since. The word around town is that when we pick up again, we'll ask all those people to come back. There are a few that I'm hoping we lose their numbers, but I hope Katie comes back.

The kids and I went swimming with Ashlee and Katie last week, and then we went again with just Ashlee last night and had a great time. Her little dog Molly is so cute, she's almost won me over to the little dog side....

Eric and I went to the Arts Festival and got another picture from his favorite artist Jocham Kneil (I don't think that's exactly how you spell it, but it's darn close); it has star fruit in a snowy aspen forest. I love those things and the ones with the fruits and vegetables I think will look great in our kitchen when we paint it.

The 4th of July was so fun this year, we went to see the new Indiana Jones movie with the kids then we ate at Sweet Tomatoes with my dad, brothers and Celia and Jon. Then my dad and the boys came with us to the Sandy parade. We ended the night over at Eric's mom's house - they do this thing every year with something called a "crackle whip" which you use to string all the fireworks together and then set them off and they will in turn set the next one off. This year they let each kid set up their own and light them and Tommy just loved it. Afterward, we walked up the street a little ways and watched the Murray park fireworks.

I hope this isn't too terribly boring to read, I'll try to spice up the entries and get 'em in here more often....

1 comment:

  1. ): times a million

    i was an inch away from having to go back to south carolina

    ReplyDelete