Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Robbed!

Oh the horror of it all, I am still in shock. I ride my bike to work whenever I can and lately have been chaining it to the tree out front of my office building. Yesterday, after I changed back into my biking gear, I went out to ride home only to discover my $3,000.00 Gary Fischer bike was gone. The person(s) had cut the chain and made off with my bike. I was numb with disbelief. I took that bike with me all over in Park City and NEVER once chained it up without incident. The real bummer is that I only paid $75.00 for it at a yard sale and I have my doubts on the chances that I will find another deal like that. So.... if you see anyone riding a green Gary Fisher Tassajara bike, just take 'em out. Later we'll try to sort whether or not it was really my bike.

I just seemed to be having one of those nights in general. I guess I'm just really missing the kids already and I know I'm overly emotional so having that happen just really pushed my woman system over the edge.

A positive spin on the situation.... well, I get to shop for a new bike (don't confuse that with "I get to buy a new bike...). Right now I am borrowing my Aunt's bike (although I don't think anyone has told her that she has so gracioulsy lent it to me) and waiting for my sudden and unexpected financial windfall that will come my way at any moment and allow me to purchase a new bike. Keep the dream alive!

2 comments: