Monday, July 21, 2008

Longest Blog Ever...



I had a busy and fun weekend... Friday night was our "Girl's Mega Night" that we've had planned since May; the Ashlees and I had fun but Katie didn't come, which was a bummer. We had many shots and watched a couple of episodes of "The Girls Next Door." I must admit I wasn't really impressed with it, but Fife loves it so we watched it. I made Eric breakfast in bed on Saturday, then we took the dogs up to Dog Lake in Millcreek canyon. We went three times last year without incident, but this year Nanuk barely made it. By the time we made it down, he was hardly moving at all. At one point he just layed down on the trail and we had to wait about 10 minutes for him to even get up. I guess he is getting older - it's amazing what a difference one year makes, but I think that was his last trip up to Dog Lake. He's just going to be limited to small one to two hour outings from now on.

It was my Dad's birthday so we went to pay him a visit and shower him with love and affection. Our plan at that point was that we were going to go see the Purr Bats - a local band we saw at the Arts Festival and really liked. Instead, Eric let me shower and get completely ready - clothes, make-up, hair, jewelry, etc. before telling me that he was tired and didn't want to go. I don't get mad at him very often, but I sure was pissed then. I'm over it now, but I told him to never speak of it again.

Sunday we went golfing at the course by our house. We were a couple of minutes late so they gave out our spot and then were jerks about "working us back in." We finally got on and were paired with a couple of older gents - they were really nice but I felt self-conscious about keeping up with them. Eric and I just ended up playing "best ball" between the two of us and that worked pretty well for us. We got some good pointers and were playing better by the end.

I ended the night by calling the kids (which I do every night) and had to talk to Ben. He's actually being very nice and letting me have the kids one night this week even though it's his two weeks with the kids. I'm kind of having a crises because he wants to sit Tommy down this week and tell him that he's autistic. He's going to an autism camp in a couple of weeks with the National Ability Center and Ben wants him to know before then. I'm so scared we're going to make things harder for him or mess something up.... For instance, about 3 or so years ago Tommy had a nightmare about "Finding Nemo." Then he was watching another movie that had the same THX credit at the beginning with the cows and he completely wigged out. He was panic stricken and if Syrena hadn't been in the room when it happened, we'd have never figured out what triggered him. Anyway; trying to help out, we showed Tommy that many of the movies he watched had THX and it was nothing to be scared of. Instead, it morphed into this huge phobia he now has about THX - we can't go to a movie in a theater until it has already started and there are many other adjustments we've had to make to accommodate this fear. I'm scared to death that we are just going to mess things up for him and make it harder instead of better. I'd like to wait a couple more years and have a professional there with us when we tell him.

I will post more about this as it plays out, but I'm thinking I've written a pretty long one today!

No comments:

Post a Comment