Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Couple of "Tommyisms"

Nanuk, our Giant Alaskan Malamute, has been soooo naughty lately. On Friday night he tore apart our bathroom, there was stuff everywhere. He completely destroyed the garbage can in there, strung garbage all over the place, chewed on my sparkly girl stuff, chewed the hair brush; then he busted out of the bedroom and ransacked Tommy's room... needless to say, he spent Saturday out on the chain in the backyard while we were at the U/Y game. Then yesterday morning, with Eric asleep right there, he proceeded to chew my hair pick and tried to eat our bottle of Tums. Unfortunately although he wasn't able to retrieve any of the yummy contents, it did render it unsuitable for human consumption... So I got to thinking.... maybe he could use some extra attention or something. We took him to PetSmart so everyone would go, "OH!! What a big dog you have!" He loves that stuff, eats up every minute of it.. Here is a pic of him howling to go, literally.

We got him a HUGE rawhide so he has something to chew on and will hopefully leave everything else alone.

The whole inspiration for this blog was a couple of things Tommy said to me on the phone. He was talking about how great it is that I am his mom and that he is my son, then he had this to say, "Having children is great because they do kind things for you; it's kind of like having slaves.... But that's not the great part."

Also, here was this nugget of wisdom, "I am glad I am a male because it would be uncomfortable for females to be pregnant, having the baby would be like pooping out a boulder."

They both had me laughing so hard it was difficult to continue the conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment