Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's a Good Day!

Winter has arrived... here is the scene from my office window as captured on my cell phone....


Today has been an awesome day though, actually this whole week has been good for me. I got to see the kids Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and I'll have them again tonight and for a bit in the morning while I take them to school - it's so great! That's what I am wanting every week, I love it.
Obama won, and I think really great things are going to come out of that - I understand it's going to take some time to pull the country through, not an overnight fix, but hopefully things turn quickly so my company will be busy again....
As I already mentioned, Ashlee got hired back!
And to top it all off, I won two day passes to the Canyon's Ski Resort from the radio this morning. They asked if anyone knew the name of the person who ran against Mark Shurtleff for Attorney General and I knew it was Jean Welch (I voted for her). So I called in and won! Ashlee and I went down there earlier today and picked them up. While we were there, she had to go potty but the only place with an open restroom (the others required a PIN number to get in) only let paying customers use them. So I bought a thing of bread sticks.. they took forever and they were $10! They were tasty, but over priced.
So I am just in a positive circle of joy right now and I'm going to keep it going. I need to continually practice all that I have learned - being grateful, having true faith, keep asking for good things to happen and allow them to happen.
One last thing, totally off the subject but I wanted to get it in writing before I forget the whole incident. This happened like two weeks ago, on the night we were carving pumpkins with Ashlee. We were going to the store to pick out our pumpkins and Tommy didn't want to go... he was throwing a fit and saying some not so nice things when he called me "Stephen." I let it go and continued getting ready, but when I had my shoes on and I saw that he still didn't, I told him to get his shoes on or I was going to call him "Stephen." Well he got so furious! He yelled, "Don't ever call me that mean name!" and stomped off. Once he had settled down, I asked why it was so bad to be called Stephen. He looked at me and explained "It's just a very mean name." Still makes me laugh and yes, I am certainly tempted to call him Stephen each time he's difficult. Eric and I have taken to calling each other that naughty name in mock fights.... thanks for another memorable moment Tommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment