Friday, September 12, 2008

Field Trip to the State Fair

I was lucky enough to be able to go with Tommy's class on their field trip to the state fair this year. It was so much fun! It rained on us a bit and that cancelled the reptile show, so that was kind of a bummer. I was in group with another mom (Amber) I knew from my Total Energy days; I had her son Ethan in my class when I taught there, so that was neat to spend time with her and Ethan again. We also had Tommy's best friend Liam and friends Jake and Anton. It was quite a group of rowdy boys and we were so grateful it was a rainy Wednesday morning because they were all over the place! It would have been a total nightmare if it had been crowded.
They had tigers there, which was cool, not normally something you'd find at a fair. A few years ago they had baby tigers there that you could feed and have your picture taken with and that was so neat. Tommy made me take a couple of pictures of them for Syrena.
The boys petting a blurry goat...
The boys petting a cow...
Some baby piglets.
Since they cancelled the reptile show, they pulled a snake out to let everyone touch.
There was really neat section that was required for us to go to called "Little Hands on the Farm." The kids got to harvest corn, milk a cow, plant seeds and harvest their vegetables, move hay and get paid for it. They got to spend their fake money on one item from their shop, so basically they got a free snack - they had string cheese, juice, milk, cookies, chips, etc.
On a completely different note, I have been down lately about money... it seems like no matter how much I have, I owe twice that much. I have been doing some serious thinking about this and I know that it's my own fault. I need to get into a new mental state where I am allowing all the money I need to come into my experience. This is something I need to practice everyday, so I want to give it a shot, work on it for say 30 days and report back to see if anything has changed, so stay posted....
Last thing, I am happy to report that my Broncos won their Monday night game against the Raiders, seriously spanked them in fact. I know it's only the first week, but so far they have scored the most points out all the NFL teams! Go Broncos!

2 comments: