Friday, September 19, 2008

Geoff Tate Concert


Eric and I went to the Geoff Tate show last night and such a fun time! He is the lead singer to Queensryche and though I wasn't super familiar with his solo stuff, I had listened a few times and was able to recognize most of the songs. The show was fun because he talked about love a lot, how it's important to love passionately and completely and during this little speech Eric had me wrapped so tight in his arms I could barely move; it was awesome. The place was empty when we first got there and the band went on about 20 minutes after our arrival and though it filled in quite a bit, it was still not nearly as packed as that place (The Depot) usually is. We got to be front and center, there were not even barricades in front of the stage so only our good behavior kept us from running amok and climbing on the stage. There were some drunken girls who could have given him a real run for his money, but fortunately for him they were also too drunk to climb on the stage. As it stands now, our next concert will be GWAR - I can't wait!


Tonight we are going to Eric's brother's for a birthday party and at some point during the weekend (probably tomorrow because Sunday will be filled with football), I want to take the kids to the Reptile Expo at the fair grounds. Speaking of football, I want to report that though it was a close call, my Broncos won last Sunday.... there was a controversial call that helped with the win, but I feel they still earned it because the other team still had two chances to stop them. Eric's Bears came away with a near win, but weren't quite able to seal the deal. Hopefully everything continues on a winning path for me and Eric gets another win as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment