Monday, September 8, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday

Wow has it been busy! The Nine Inch Nails concert was super fun, I was aching to get into the mosh pit so it was hard to hold back, but still a good time. The kids' Back To School Night was really cool, I ran into my old director from Total Energy, the preschool I taught at for 5 years. I really miss her, she taught me so much not only about children but also about myself. It made me want to figure out a more meaningful way for me to pay my bills; I do enjoy my job at ITS, but I also feel unfulfilled here. I guess it would be hard for me to find a new job when I am not looking though, I am just putting two and two together here, bear with me, so perhaps I should start looking. It's blurry, I know, but the best I could do to get all of us in there -Tommy refused to be in the picture...

We had a great weekend with the kids, on Saturday we went to Eric's niece's birthday party then we went to the University of Utah football game. We have season tickets, but only two of them because there were only two games we'd have the kids for so we just bought extras for those two games. Our extra tickets were way over on the other side of the stadium, so we squished ourselves together and it really made for an interesting night. Take two kids who have recently entered a "I hate football" phase, add four people smashed into seating for two, multiply it by only having eaten cake and ice cream since 12 pm and divide it by the time currently being 8-9 at night and that equals? I'm sure you can all figure out that little math problem. We did bring some snacks and sneak in a couple of sodas, plus Eric forked out for some nachos and popcorn, but it was still a test of patience. At one point, I had to just take Tommy and force him to walk around with me until he calmed down. At the end of the game they had a cool fireworks display and the kids thoroughly enjoyed that part.

On Sunday, Syrena and I took the dogs food shopping at both PetSmart and Petco ... $160 later I have decided that for the time being, I have enough pets. A phrase I never thought I'd say, but it's making such a dent in my budget I can't possibly afford anything else. Nanuk's food went up more than $15.00 per bag (now up to $50.99) and he plows through that 40 lb bag in 3 weeks. I am hoping that at the next vet visit, he says Nanuk needs to lose weight 'cause I sure wouldn't mind feeding him less. The good news is that Peanut's bag should last her a few months.

I also spend much of Sunday reveling in football. So glad to have it back!!! Oh how I have missed it and the Bears sure gave us an awesome game to kick up the season. They beat the Colts soundly and it was really fun to watch. Eric is the biggest Bears fan you'll ever meet and so it's nice when they win. Look out for Mr. Grumpy pants when they lose though! A couple of years ago, when they lost to the Colts in the Super Bowl, he couldn't even speak for probably about 2 hours he was so upset. My Broncos play tonight, but some smarty pants scheduled the game for 10:15 at night. We don't have cable to watch it in the first place, and I can't go to someone's house until past midnight to watch it. Next weekend though, I will not be accepting phone calls during the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment