Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Eric Saves My Day...

So I nearly had a meltdown today that would have had some serious consequences.. those being that I would have been grouchy all day long, irritable with all. The kids were good this morning at home, but the instant we all stepped foot into the car, that brother/sister gene kicked in and it was fighting tooth and nail. Also, we were running late (surprise!) and traffic was tight. So I'm yelling at the kids (stop saying that, you can share with your sister, don't hit each other, etc.) which is always super effective and trying to navigate icy roads and getting mad at all the other drivers. We missed the bus so I had to take the kids to the school and Park City is not timely with plowing their roads and Tommy left his gloves at home. I finally get the kids dropped off and when I pull into the parking lot, Eric calls. He asked me if I had made muffins, I said I had, and he asked where I had left them. I said on the counter under the towel... he asks, "The towel on the floor I guess...." Doesn't take a genius to figure out where they could have gone - hmmmm, perhaps the very big dog whose head fits right over the counter and has a very long history of stealing food from the counter and table might possibly have something to do with it. Oh man!!! I was so mad at him!!! I told Eric I felt like I was going to cry I was so upset, this was just the straw that broke the camel's back. I asked him to call me back at my desk in a minute. Well about 20 minutes went by and I didn't hear from him, tried the house and got the answering machine - I figured he'd gone to bed and forgotten about me - my foul mood worsened. Instead, in moments, I felt his strong yet gentle arms wrap around me. He said it sounded like I needed a hug so he jumped in the car and came to my rescue. After a Soy Peppermint Mocha from Star Bucks and many more hugs and kisses we parted ways. What an amazing man I have! It was exactly what I needed, now instead of a shitty day I had a great one! I was inspired to plan out a great dinner with him and a Valentine's Day surprise. I love being in love.....

No comments:

Post a Comment