Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Syrena's Field Trip

I got to go with Syrena on her field trip to the Thanksgiving Point Museum of Ancient Life. I have been to many many dino museums and thus far, this one is my favorite. We've gone about 4 or 5 times, but it's way fun. We got to see a movie in 3-D, here is a pic of us waiting .... blurry... of course. I really need a new camera.



Here is Syrena about to become Raptor lunch....


This is why I love this museum so much, this huge sand and water table. As you all know, I am nothing but an enlarged child so this is right up my alley. I usually dive right in and the kids have to pull me away, but I have a gnarly cut on my finger and I didn't want sand in it... also there wasn't much room as you can see.


Here she is checking out the diplodocus skeleton... no, no - the picture isn't blurry - Syrena is and her surroundings are just blurry.


This is my favorite exhibit... I love sharks 'n stuff. I used to want to be an Ichthyologist when I grew up and go in the shark cages in the ocean and swim with sharks...



I guess it was hungry...



The whole thing was pretty rush rush, so here she is at the very end, hurriedly digging for some fossils.





We had a great time, but there was a little dramatic scene at the very end. I practically had to wedge her off of me and throw her on the bus kicking and screaming. Ahhh, motherhood. However, I would like to leave us all knowing how sweet, thoughtful and generous she is. She fooled Ben into thinking she didn't have a lunch so he would make one for her which she then brought to me. Also, her school let the kids have bagels that morning as a snack so she made one for me and smuggled it in the extra lunch. What a little sweetheart! It was an amazingly tasty bagel, I could definitely taste the love it was made with. (Sorry for ending that with a preposition, you will all have to get over it)

No comments:

Post a Comment